Monday, September 30, 2013

Miffy Birthday Cake

There is no better way to spend the weekend than to bake a birthday cake. Since my dear friend Cannie is a huge Miffy fan, what better way to celebrate than with a Miffy cake.

It was a great joy to make this cake. The cake is 5" in diameter, which to me is a great size. As I am honing in my cake and fondant skill, I find working on a smaller cake to be easier to handle, not to mention being less stressful comparing with working on a bigger size cake. Maybe with more practices, I will go higher up in the cake size ladder.

So back to the cake, the inside is a simple vanilla cake, and top with salted caramel buttercream. As it is one of most requested flavour in my macarons, it is natural to top this cake with salted caramel buttercream.

The cake is decorated with fondant bunting flag, fondant flowers and a 3D Miffy figurine. I am happy with most part of the cake, although given another go, I will like to make a more trimmer Miffy, but oh well...  who doesn't like a fat rabbit.

Miffy Cake Front
Miffy Cake Back

Miffy Close Up




No comments:

Post a Comment