Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cupcakes and Macarons

So I made these classic cupcakes and macrons over the weekend. The cupcakes were vanilla cupcakes topped with Italian-meringue buttercream in various colours. I am still trying to get my buttercream to a consistency in which I can pipe a perfect buttercream swirl. Or maybe I just need to make more cupcakes so I can practice more. I love how nice and colourful the cupcake turned out. Taste wise I really like the texture of the cupcakes, but I think I still need to reduce the sugar by about 10% as I think the average Asian taste tend to be less sugary.

A cupcake gathering


The lily behind was one of my final piece that I made in my last Wilton course 4 class


The macarons were from a recipe from Pierre Herme. It was salted butter caramel and green tea topped with red bean buttercream.  I think I will make the salted butter caramel much more darker next time, because I think it is too pale at the moment. I am determined to get the perfect macaron out of my little oven!



No comments:

Post a Comment