Monday, June 10, 2013

Lemony-lemon Macarons & Rose Macaron

So over the weekend I continued with my quest for the perfect macarons in my tiny kitchen. As many of you will know, macarons are a fincky little thing.  Even after I have mastered a smooth top after a year of experimenting, I am still striving for the perfect macaron with even colouring, consistent height and of course balanced flavours.

This weekend I chose to make lemon macaron and rose macaron.  These are quaint essential classic macaron flavours.  Whilst the shell of both macaron have similar ingredients and should in theory taste the same, it is the filling that gives each one their distinctive taste.  To enhance the lemon flavour, I added 1 lemon zest and 1 tsp of lemon juice to the Italian-meringue buttercream.  By adding lemon juice to the buttercream, it helps to give the macaron a more authetic sour taste, which I found most people like. The rose buttercream was made by mixing the Italian-meringue buttercream and Rose jam that my dear husband got for me from the Mandrian Oriental.  I think the aroma and taste of the rose jam compliments really well with the buttercream.

The piped macarons


Lemons are in the oven. Look how puffy they are, but once out of the oven they deflate at little bit.


Rose Macarons

Lemon Macarons





No comments:

Post a Comment